We have a new opportunity for a Minor Works Project Manager, which will be responsible for assisting with the pre-construction, planning, execution and delivery of minor works and small projects across the Apex Portfolio, from inception to completion.
You will ensure projects are completed to an exceptional quality standard, and safely, following compliance requirements, on time and on budget. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment across multiple occupied hospitality sites. This role will require travel to all sites across the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the co-ordination and control of minor projects from start to finish, from implementation/prestart through to completion and handover. You will also be responsible for producing contract programmes and overseeing the projects during the lifecycle and any defect's liability period.
- Day to day management of contractor's operations on site, ensuring the works progress is as planned and able to bring the project to a successful completion, on time and within budget.
- Create and maintain good relationships with the Hotel Operations team, on-site Facilities team and Risk & Health and Safety colleagues.
- Regular monitoring of the works in line with the contract program.
- Liaise with the Projects Director and Property Manager on a regular basis to ensure timely delivery of minor projects with early identification of any risks or delays.
- Carryout regular site quality inspections informing the Projects Director and Property Manager of any identified concerns or issues.
- Carry out safety inspections and fulfil the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as directed and detailed within the company's policy documents.
- Ensure workmanship is completed to an acceptable standard and in line with contract drawings and specification. Ensure contractors are compliant with the design/specification and highlight any discrepancies if required.
- Maintain close relationships with the Projects Director, Head of Procurement and Property Manager regarding cost control, variations, and confirmation of instructions. Raise CVI's where applicable and maintain a CVI schedule.
- Qualified to at least HNC level of Construction Management / or QS qualification
- Possess previous experience in a similar role with experience of managing minor works within the hospitality or occupied office sector.
- Experience of working with/managing multi-discipline contractors.
- Comfortable managing multiple sites (small works) with a proactive approach
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with Hotel Operations and Facilities team
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and driven to meet deadlines.
- Excellent record keeping skills and confident in using online systems.
- Driving license
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!