A fantastic new maternity-cover position has opened for an M&E Office Manager to join our team at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels. You will be tasked with managing the hotel Meetings and Events Department. You will have the ability to manage a team, be able to demonstrate first class customer service skills, adapt and multi- task whilst having that keen eye for detail. Your key responsibility is to ensure that the M&E team process all enquiries received and once contracted, co-ordinate in order to ensure that we gain maximum market share from all customers and gain their loyalty.
Why come and work with us?
Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels have over 50 hotels across the UK and Ireland; this is an exciting time to be joining us as we continue to increase our portfolio of hotels. You will receive practical training, development and clear progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company.
The role's key responsibilities include:
- Ensure rotas, departmental appraisals and mandatory training are completed for the M&E Team.
- Coach the M&E Team to improve levels of conversion from initial enquiry
- Coach the M&E Team on test call criteria ensuring a minimum score of 85% is achieved each month.
- Work with the hotel General Manager, Group M&E Revenue Manager and Hotel Revenue/Sales teams to ensure revenue targets are achieved
- Oversee, allocate and support processing all M&E enquires to the team, whether they arrive by email or phone in line with company standard.
- Be responsible for updating Sales and Catering, Opera PMS/Delphi and Smartspace with accurate and relevant information as well as producing any reports that are required in order to measure progress and opportunity.
- Ensure that the M&E team are producing function sheets which are correct and free from error and produced in time for weekly hotel operations meeting.
- Ensure function sheets are distributed to the relevant departments in a timely manner, paying particular attention to the content detail.
- Complete daily M&E posting and billing
- Investigate any queries with regards to charges and billing.
- Identify new sales leads the guidance of the hotel Sales team.
- Deal with any complaints which may arise in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Take the lead for ensuring that all site inspections are fulfilled professionally, efficiently and effectively and mirror the requirements of the visiting client
- Be familiar of sister hotels where cross-selling opportunities exist and ensure leads are forwarded on and followed up.
- Carry out the company's customer relations policy and communicate hotel services to guests.
- Maintain high standards of self-presentation at all times.
- Work in accordance with Standard operating procedures for the department.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management.
Our ideal Meetings & Events Manager will have:
- An awareness of hotel corporate and conference sectors.
- An understanding of Opera / Fidelio PMS systems to include Sales & Catering.
- Keep abreast of industry news / performance / relevant new initiatives
- Experience of PMS systems including Opera (desirable)
- Desire and ability to develop others (desirable)
- Previous hospitality experience (desirable)
- Previous experience in team management (desirable)
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days' holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- An array of learning courses which you can attend; the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards a gift for yourself, or even that well deserved day off!
- Employee of the Month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day - we help and support our communities
Here at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels we're operating over 50 hotels across the UK and Ireland. All careers within our hotels offer customer interaction, a great deal of variety and a fun and friendly working environment. We strive to make all of our hotels great places to work, and get our teams involved in activities such as summer barbecues, Christmas parties, Thank You Week and birthday celebrations!
And our vision is very simple: we aim to exceed our guests' expectations by delivering outstanding results through exceptional people.