Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality? Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths? Do you want to express yourself? Do you want flexibility? Do you want to feel safe at work? Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously? Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all of these questions, right? So get applying for this opportunity!!!
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
As a Meetings and Events Coordinator, you are responsible to provide efficient, prompt, courteous and pro-active service to guests, maximizing revenue and guest satisfaction in order to achieve our financial and customer satisfaction goals. You will ensure that you deliver a high standard of customer care, creating the ultimate customer experience within our busy and vibrant hotel.
What Are We Looking For?
- Handling all telephone calls in a professional manner
- Making Groups & Meeting room reservations, amendments and cancellations in reservations system
- Ensure confirmation is received for all bookings
- Conduct all telephone calls in friendly, efficient manner, adhering to all Brand standards
- Maximise revenue through up-selling and cross-selling
- Complete daily and monthly reports
- Manage Groups and Meetings & Events business including weddings from enquiry stage through to final details prior to arrival
- Covering the Reservations in line with the business needs
- Completing showrounds through to day of event as a one point of contact.
Where Will You Be Working?
Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary hotel in a redbrick building is a 13-minute walk from Reading railway station, 2.3 miles from the University of Reading and 3 miles from Caversham Heath Golf Course.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeingand our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes- to keep you motivated
- Money off high street retailers- hundreds of savings to be had
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
- Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
- Flexible pay with Wagestream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
- Training programmes - we want you to be the best you can be
- Cycle to Work Scheme- huge savings on buying a new bike
- Refer a Friend Scheme - just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!