At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to become part the pre-opening team at the The Westin London City, reporting into the Director of Sales and Marketing and managing one Meetings and Events Executive. This position reactively sells the hotel, managing the sales phase of incoming complex events, group and catering enquiries through to contract stage. This position has the additional responsibilities of a manager; reporting results, adjusting the reactive sales strategy to meet market demands and leading their team to positive individual and team results.
Duties will include the following:
- Responsible for the reactive sales of corporate group bedroom and catering enquiries from start to contract handover; responsible for large, complex enquiries. Communication channels include telephone, e-mail or 3rd party intermediary sites.
- Qualifies business opportunities by understanding customer needs and recommends the appropriate features and services of hotel to exceed customer expectations; sells according to the business and operational strategy of the hotel.
- Creates quotations and proposals based on customer requirements, conducts regular follow-up calls to identify changing needs, converts enquiries into confirmed bookings.
- Issues contracts and ensures a smooth handover to the operational teams.
- Conducts site visits to showcase hotel.
- Conducts post-event calls to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels and secure repeat business.
- Builds long-term partnerships with new and repeat business customers and builds loyalty to the hotel and company.
- Identifies potential opportunities for the wider business and turns over to the proactive Sales Team.
- Responsible for direct reports and provides positive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential.
- Understands local market including competitors' strengths and weaknesses.
- Collaborates with Revenue team to ensure effective management of bedroom enquiries and completes accurate projections.
What Are We Looking For?
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) and a high standard of English is essential Confident communication style across different channels (telephone, e-mail, intermediary websites etc.).
- Confident sales skills; ability to negotiate; strong problem-solving skills, and ability to seek solutions.
- Strong organisation and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Good with administration, processes and has a high level of attention to detail.
- Builds relationships easily.
- Team player.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Previous experience of Opera would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience of working in a hotel sales environment and Marriott experience would be advantageous but not essential.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!