Here at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels we have a fantastic opportunity for a Meeting & Events Administrator/Duty Manager to join the team here at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough.
- Manage the relationship between Regional M&E Office and local property team to allow quick, effective and dynamic communication with the customer.
- Take the lead for ensuring that all site inspections are fulfilled professionally, efficiently and effectively and mirror the requirements of the visiting client. Communicate site inspection feedback and detail to the Regional office to maximise conversion of new events.
- Through effective direction and management of Hotel Operations team, liaise with customer/event organiser to make their event come to life
- Liaise between the customer and Head Chef to develop and agree menu choice and price
- Complete bespoke details for larger M&E and Weddings such as table plans, menu cards, event set-up/breakdown requirements.
- Manage all on the day' event changes and ensure relevant details fed back to Regional M&E Office to enable accurate posting and billing.
- Once received from Regional M&E Office, ensure function sheets are communicated to the relevant departments in a timely manner, paying particular attention to the content detail.
- Deal with any complaints which may arise in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
- Administration and communication at hotel level for large events taking place in the Cleveland Suite
- Carry out the company's customer relations policy and communicate hotel services to guests.
- Maintain high standards of self-presentation at all times.
- Work in accordance with Standard operating procedures for the department.
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management
What we are looking for:
- At least 1-3 Years Experience of a Large M&E Hotel/Venue or cluster environment
- Excellent strategic, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Opera S&C/Delphi Experience
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Analytical mind, logical thinker and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Capable of working to tight time frames and managing an ever changing workload
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels internally.
- Able to establish a strong internal network to achieve deliverables
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support