Do you want to excite the world of Hospitality?
We bring together a portfolio of Hotel assets and brands under a common philosophy centered around delivering exceptional customer experiences, nurturing talent and smart investment to drive superior performance and growth.
What will I be doing?
As a Meeting and Events Assistant, you are responsible for setting up meeting rooms and ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banquet Operations Porter will also be required to be able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Set up meeting and event rooms
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Knowledge of menu content, menu changes, and promotional activities
- Ensure the Conference and Banqueting areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure Refreshment breaks are served at the correct times
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Follow cash handling procedures, if required
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Meeting and Events Assistant is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Meeting and Events department and/or industry experience
- Previous experience of silver service
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations
What will it be like to work for Amaris Hospitality?
Amaris Hospitality operates branded hotels in key locations across the UK and Ireland. We offer our employees excellent opportunities to grow and develop within our portfolio along with the following benefits:
- Staff, Friends & Family discount within Amaris Portfolio of hotels and also within the International brand you would work within.
- Food & Beverage discount.
- Modern, stylish uniforms.
- Meals on duty.
- Social calendar of events.
- Learning & Development for all levels.