Marketing Executive & Copywriter
- Job Reference: 00009222-1
- Date Posted: 29 July 2022
- Recruiter: Scottish Canals
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: Circa £28,000 dependant on experience
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Head Office Support, HR, Learning and Development
- Job Type: Permanent
Scottish Canals is an innovative, forward-thinking organisation dedicated to safeguarding a crucial part of Scotland's heritage whilst stimulating business growth, job creation and income generation by helping to create stronger communities, attract new customers and income and working with and through empowered and motivated people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive & Copywriter to join our dynamic team. The Marketing Executive & Copywriter will be responsible for helping to deliver Scottish Canals Marketing and Communication Strategy and support Scottish Canals in meeting their vision and Corporate Plan.
We are looking for a creative individual and self-starter who is able to come up with ideas and drive the delivery of them. This is a chance for the right person to shape the role and be part of a team that is currently developing it’s 2023-2028 Marketing and Communication Strategy to deliver communications and marketing that can engage all of our audiences.
We are offering a salary of circa £28,000 dependant on experience for this role. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days rising to 39 after 5 years (inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
Main Duties & Key Tasks:
• Leading and supporting on multi-channel communications and customer led campaigns with the purpose of raising awareness Scottish Canals - from generating ideas to delivery and evaluation
• Write and produce engaging copy and develop materials for media, social media, fundraising and marketing materials, emails, web, Google Ads etc
• Manage the day-to-day of Scottish Canals website
• Support the Digital Marketing Executive to manage social channels, ensuring channels are aiming to grow in engagement and followers and protect SC reputation
• Create content and oversee content created by other team members for social media (videos, stories, audio, graphics) to ensure content is consistent in style, tone and in line with key messages
• Reporting, monitoring and analysing on the teams Marketing and Communications activity
• Managing and implementing brand identity across various materials and platforms
• Participating in the on call rota
• Implement proactive Marketing strategies
• Build relationships with key target media and strategic stakeholders maintaining a list of contacts to generate positive media coverage for Scottish Canals’ activities.
• Help deal with reactive media enquiries about leisure activities and opportunities on the network.
• Produce press releases/briefings/information and digital communications for internal and external audiences and produce content for newsletters
• Assist in event co-ordination
• Effectively manage the creation, production, distribution and stock control of marketing and promotional material and literature, both digital and printed
• Comply with SC Health & Safety policy and defined standards. Undertake risk assessments, report incidents, accidents and near misses.
Skills and Experience:
• Marketing & Communications related degree or relevant experience
• Significant experience of managing and delivering a range of marketing and communication activities for complex, high profile projects.
• Understanding of back end systems of website and social media platforms (Wordpress and Craft CMS desirable)
• Strong digital skills including evidence of the effective use of social media marketing, SEO, PPC and email.
• Basic social media filming and editing
• Experienced in curating engaging content and evidence of strong copywriting skills, across all areas of marketing mix
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer and business applications software e.g. MS Office.
• Proven experience managing complex content planners, multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
• Proven experience of managing and implementing brand identity across various materials and platforms
• Member Chartered Institute of Marketing, CIM (desirable)
• Basic filming and editing for content creation (desirable)
Personal qualities and abilities required:
• Recommend key messages and appropriate wording for external and internal publications.
• Recognise when immediate judgements can be made and when queries require upward referral to management for guidance in relation to queries from external bodies to SC.
• Prioritise own workload to achieve key marketing and communication objectives.
• Prioritise own workload to achieve business led or specifically detailed deadlines.
• Use initiative to interpret and respond to requests for information.
• Co-operate with and support team members within the team and other teams outside the main function.
• Liaise and work with business to business customers and partners to ensure SC interests are protected.
• Regularly liaise with third party bodies e.g. Media - press, TV and radio, suppliers - designers, printers and agencies.
• Valid driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
Interviews for this role are intended to take place 17th-19th August.