At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Wine Bar Manager is responsible for the smooth opening and operation of the hotel's destination wine bar operation. Reporting directly into the General Manager; Bars & Restaurants, this is a senior F&B leadership role which oversees the wine bar, a new addition to London's vibrant wine bar scene, a unique concept offering small plates and a wine-focused experience with magnificent views over the River Thames.
The Bar Manager will work closely with the GM Bars & Restaurants, Banquet Manager and especially the hotel's Wine Guru, and will have understanding and appreciation of these various areas of the hotel's operation. Understanding how to manage e flexible operation will be essential to success in this role, as will unparalleled bar knowledge and the ability to build positive, transformative relationships around the property.
This is a hands-on management role which will encompass elements of operational shift coverage, management duties and working in other areas to support the business, e.g. in banqueting or the hotel L4 operation (Restaurant, Executive Lounge, In-Room Dining).
This fantastic role includes the following responsibilities:
- Being the face' of the wine bar, alongside the Wine Guru.
- Ensuring repeat custom through exceptional service.
- Rota and workforce planning.
- Ensuring consistency and compliance in all service and brand standards.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance such as licensing and health and safety.
- Proactively and positively solving complex challenges that fall under the wine bar and food & beverage remit.
- Being responsible for leading and driving all areas of restaurant recruitment, performance management, retention and engagement.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Extensive understanding of high-end beverage service.
- Exceptional knowledge of wine, spirit and other beverage products and service standards.
- Good knowledge of food concepts and service standards.
- Rota and workforce planning skills.
- Expertise in problem solving.
- Working as a part of a team and being flexible on role location.
- Creative and conceptual flair and being adept in generation and implementation of new ideas.
- Great knowledge of the local and London competitive scene, to assist with driving sales and opportunities.
- Relationship and rapport-building skills, especially with kitchen and back of house associates.
- Extensive experience in luxury hotel / standalone wine bar or concept wine bar environments.
- Diploma or equivalent in restaurant or hotel management is desirable.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes.
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!