Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality? Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths? Do you want to express yourself? Do you want flexibility? Do you want to feel safe at work? Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously? Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all of these questions, right? So get applying for this opportunity!!!
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Hotel Accountant contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the The Group Hotel Accountant Manager with managing a selection of centrally accounted hotels
What You Will Be Doing...
- Prepare monthly P&L accounts (actual vs budget) for allocated hotels
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring variances and areas of risk are identified and actioned appropriately
- To prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and assist with VAT inspections as required.
- Revenue validation and posting of all revenue journals into the accounting system.
- Cash control including preparation and posting of bank reconciliations, cash & credit card reconciliations
- Preparation of year end audit files, and liaising with auditors.
- Preparation and return of National Statistics returns.
- Preparation & submission of brand franchise returns
- Maintenance of hotel pay in books and cheque deposits
- To support other members of the finance team (Purchase Ledger) with problem areas/hotels.
- To support GMs & hotel personnel to understand and interpret financial reporting, including hotel finance training requirements
- To attend hotel visits (post COVID) for training and stewardship purposes.
- Assisting with ad hoc finance related tasks as and when required.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Finance experience essential
- Finance qualifications are desirable but not essential. Would suit part qualified or someone who would like to work towards finance qualification. RBH is a Platinum Trainee ACCA Approved Employer and can offer study sponsorship towards an ACCA qualification.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes - to keep you motivated
- Money off high street retailers - hundreds of savings to be had
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
- Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
- Flexible pay with Wagestream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
- Training programmes - we want you to be the best you can be
- Cycle to Work Scheme - huge savings on buying a new bike
- Refer a Friend Scheme - just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
- Birthday off
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!