At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Management Accountant (Hotels) contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the The Group Hotel Accountant Manager with managing a selection of centrally accounted hotels.
What You Will Be Doing...
- Revenue validation and posting of all revenue journals into the accounting system.
- Cash control including preparation and posting of bank reconciliations, cash & credit card reconciliations
- Prepare monthly P&L accounts (actual vs budget) for allocated hotels
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring variances and areas of risk are identified and actioned appropriately
- To prepare monthly/quarterly VAT returns and assist with VAT inspections as required.
- Preparation of year end audit files, and liaising with auditors.
- Preparation and return of National Statistics returns.
- Preparation & submission of brand franchise returns
- Maintenance of hotel pay in books and cheque deposits
- To support other members of the finance team (Purchase Ledger) with problem areas/hotels.
- To support GMs & hotel personnel to understand and interpret financial reporting, including hotel finance training requirements
- To attend hotel visits (post COVID) for training and stewardship purposes.
- Assisting with ad hoc finance related tasks as and when required.
N.B This role is being offered on a 6 month fixed term contract
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Finance experience essential
- Finance qualifications are desirable but not essential. Would suit part qualified or someone who would like to work towards finance qualification. RBH is a Platinum Trainee ACCA Approved Employer and can offer study sponsorship towards an ACCA qualification.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
Where Will You Be Working?
Remotely at the moment but once we can return to the office you will be working at our friendly head office in Glasgow. Our open plan offices are warm and inviting and your desk will be amongst some great people who work in functions like marketing, finance, HR and property.
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!