With summer approaching it's a really exciting time for us! Not only will you work with great people and develop new friendships, we're also offering 2 fantastic recognition and reward initiatives. Join us by 30th June and you'll have access to our enhanced recommend a friend scheme where you can earn £400, plus the opportunity to receive a £300 retention reward payment.
The pay rate for this role is £11.50 per hour, the role is permanent and guarantees 40 hours per week with overtime is paid after 40 hours at £17.25.
When joining Apex Hotels as a Skilled Maintenance Assistant, you will receive the warm welcome into the Apex family. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share. It is these family values that encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and be yourself whilst working as an integral part of the Maintence Team
As a Skilled Maintenance Assistant you will be responsible for completing effective maintenance, both repair and preventative work to assist in the delivery of amazing brand standards and immaculate guest facilities. You will take pride in your work whilst working closely with all team members to deliver exceptional standards. You must have good health & safety awareness in relation to working with hazardous substances, working to heights and appropriate risk assessments.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
This role requires travelling between Hotel sites, supporting resident Facilities Managers as and when required. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all supplies and services of the hotel are in good working order.
- Carry out day to day maintenance requests as detailed from the Property Coordinator or Facilities Manager.
- Complete regular machinery testing and maintenance on the hotel machines and equipment.
- Carry out structured PPM (Pre-Preventative Maintenance) to a high standard of finish.
- Carry out any maintenance remedial/reactive activity that is required within our properties.
- Maintain all electrical equipment and complete RCD (Residual Circuit Device) tests quarterly.
- To provide on-call cover alongside the Facilities Manager or as requested.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Good overall knowledge of building regulations
- Can demonstrate good knowledge of working with power tools and hand tools
- Can demonstrate good understanding of building services, including plumbing, carpentry or electrics
- Can demonstrate high level of finish for tiling and grouting
- Health & Safety conscious.
- Has good fault-finding skills.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!