Do you want to excite the world of Hospitality?
We bring together a portfolio of Hotel assets and brands under a common philosophy centered around delivering exceptional customer experiences, nurturing talent and smart investment to drive superior performance and growth.
What will I be doing?
As Maintenance Manager, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, a Chief Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation
What are we looking for?
A Maintenance Manager is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- A degree in Engineering or similar
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
- Qualification in engineering field
What will it be like to work for Amaris Hospitality?
Amaris Hospitality operates branded hotels in key locations across the UK and Ireland. We offer our employees excellent opportunities to grow and develop within our portfolio along with the following benefits:
- Staff, Friends & Family discount within Amaris Portfolio of hotels and also within the International brand you would work within.
- Food & Beverage discount.
- Modern, stylish uniforms.
- Meals on duty.
- Social calendar of events.
- Learning & Development for all levels