Do you have the range of skills to keep our facilities at a high standard?
We're looking for an adaptable Maintenance Person to carry out a wide variety of jobs, including repairs and renovations. You must have previous experience as a handyman, and knowledge of health & safety regulations. A full driving licence and your own transport are also required.
With a good overall knowledge of the hotel and its facilities, you'll conduct frequent checks and work with other departments to ensure that everything is kept up to our high standards. Tasks might require knowledge of basic joinery, plumbing, electrical, painting and decorating, tiling, grouting and general DIY. You'll also keep all paths, garden areas and car parks free from rubbish and debris.
Every day will be different, so you'll need to be well-organised, and able decide which jobs are the most urgent. When engineers or contractors are brought in, you'll help and accompany them.
You'll need to be flexible about your working hours, and to work well without supervision. Good communication skills are also important, and you'll also have to keep records of your work and the costs. So an excellent command of English is important.
This is a customer-facing role: you'll need to be attentive to guests and their requirements, and demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations.
What we need from you
- Experience as a handyman
- Wide range of experience (e.g. joinery, plumbing etc)
- Ability to work well on your own
- Ability to give great customer service
What we offer
- A Salary up to £25,000
- 100% service charge, up to approx £2000 per year
- Attractive staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern
- Training and development opportunities including SVQ's and professional qualifications
- Staff meals
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels for accommodation and food & beverage for you and your friends & family
- Personal membership to Perkbox offering a range of offers and discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Contribution towards driving lessons
- Charitable fund raising matched up to £250
- Paid day off on your birthday each year