At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We are currently looking for an experienced candidate to join the hotel team, in the position of Maintenance Manager.
Where Will You Be Working?
Bridgewood Manor is a 4 star hotel, located in Rochester with 100 bedrooms, Conference and Events and Spa and Leisure facilities. We pride ourselves on investing in our people and delivering outstanding customer service.
What Are We Looking For?
As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Carrying out all Maintenance duties within the hotel, including basic plumbing, electrical work, basic carpentry, painting and decorating. These tasks should be carried out to the highest standard within a reasonable time frame causing minimal disruption to both colleagues and guests. It is expected that 50 - 60% of your time will be hands on.
- In situations where subcontractors are required to work at the hotel you will be responsible for collating quotes, organizing the work and liaising with the subcontractor whilst they are at the hotel.
- Maintain an effective maintenance log, monitoring and recording all arising issues.
- Carry out the Maintenance related quality checks on a regular and ongoing basis to encourage a preventative maintenance programme.
- To assist with carrying out and documenting various pieces of health and safety related documentation including water, fire and emergency lighting tests.
- To ensure faults with the Fire Alarm system are dealt with immediately.
- To comply with all statutory and company regulations relating to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Conduct of Employees, Fire Emergency procedures, and Security of Premises and Property.
- To give full co-operation to any collegues requring assistance in a prompt and helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to buisness and guests needs.
- Be on call for emergencies and visit site at short notice if advice to the duty manager cannot resolve urgent issues.
- Responsible for the supervision of a team of 2 colleagues and work with the regional FM Manager and other specialists at head office over contracts and projects.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham as well as independant hotels like ours. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!