At Holiday Inn Express Barrow in Furness we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
Our Maintenance Manager will manage a team that maintains the hotel to the expected standards through preventative maintenance programmes, while responding quickly and effectively in the event of reactive maintenance requirements and conducting necessary testing and record keeping to monitor the hotel infrastructure, ensuring the building allows our guests stay to be laid-back and offer the Holiday Inn Express Experience.
Maintenance Managers communicate both internally within the facilities team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and support in ensuring the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation monitoring all contractors and building requirements.
Working as a Maintenance Manager you will ensure all team members are trained and following RBH's policies & legalities regarding Health and Safety requirements, you will manage the day today team with the support of the Facilities Lead, you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what's in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends?
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring?
- Employee assistance programme
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we'll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
To succeed as our Maintenance Manager, you will need:
- Experience managing maintenance or technical services, for 3 or more years in a hotel environment of the same classification with comparable size and complexity.
- Experience in all aspects of maintenance that may be expected in a hotel environment such as painting and decorating, carpentry, activities generally expected of a 'handyman'
- Trained in and application of Preventative Maintenance
- Qualification in plumbing or electricity will be an advantage
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training team members
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
Do you have what it takes to be our Maintenance Manager? We'd love to hear from you.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Holiday Inn Express Barrow in Furness hotel is located in Barrow's town centre and is just a 3 minute drive to the main BAE systems main plant. We have 127 bedrooms where guests can sleep soundly in the brand new modern rooms, price includes a complimentary breakfast with hot items. The hotel makes a convient buisness venue with 3 well-equiped conference rooms and complimentary wi-fi.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Money off high street retailers
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience of working in a hotel is preferable but full training is provided.
The Bigger Picture
Holiday in Express Barrow In Furness is managed by RBH; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!