We have a great opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join The Midland Hotel - Manchester
First opened in 1903, The Midland Hotel has been delighting guests from the very beginning.? Originally built to serve rail travellers from London, our stunning building and ballroom charmed visitors day in and day out, and while our appearance has changed over the years, our outstanding service remains the very same.
Today the Grade II listed, 4-star hotel is one of Manchester's most-loved icons, located just minutes from Oxford Road and Piccadilly stations.? Over the years we've hosted everyone from rock stars and politicians to royalty, and our history has taught us one simple thing: every guest is unique, and so their stay must be too.
From our 312 sumptuous bedrooms to our award-winning food and drink, idyllic spa and impressive event spaces, every part of The Midland experience transcends the ordinary.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Assistant:
- Supports the smooth running of the property maintenance department, where all areas are maintained to the highest levels
- Works as part of a team that maximizes guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest enquiries
- Takes responsibility for the duties and tasks assigned to the role, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely and professional manner
- Delivers on departmental plans and objectives, where hotel initiatives & targets are achieved
- Collaborates with their immediate report, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships whilst promoting the company culture and values.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to all legislation where due diligence requirements and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required
Requirements of the Maintenance Assistant:
- Experience in plumbing desirable but not essential
- Hands-on approach with a can-do work style
- Commitment to delivering exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions taking ownership for duties and tasks assigned
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence
- Experience of working with IT systems on various platforms
- Strong communication skills
Why come and work for us:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Leo Points - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support