Hilton is the worlds most recognised hospitality brands and is the largest upscale operator of hotels in Greater London.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team through a rebranding process to become the Doubletree by Hilton in Kensington'. This is a prestigious 4-Star property or which we are sure will become a flagship for the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in London.
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience - as Maintenance Assistant you'll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you'll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you'll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards - follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements - follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What we need from you
- Experience - you'll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you'll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- Fitness - you'll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Complying with health and safety laws
- Must speak fluent English
Why you should apply
- Annual bonus for all Team Members
- Fantastic career potential with one of the UK's fastest growing hotel operators
- Employees staff rates across our properties
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process