We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
Jurys Inn are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine, and friendly person who wants to contribute to our guests having a Happy stay with us.
We have an opportunity for you to join the Team as a
We want you to be part of a great diverse team working together to ensure our guests have a great experience and stay.
What we want you to have-
- great maintenance experience within a hotel or accommodation services area.
- Flexiblility - to enjoy working different shift patterns (weekends may be necessary)
- Good people skills - to work well in a team because we want work to be fun
- To be able to be organised and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to manage your own workload and be self motivated while working alone or in a small team.
- Responsible and trustworthy attitude, you will have access to all customer areas and be responsible for ensuring the environment is Safe for guests and colleagues.
The job -
- To liaise with Management to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance in all areas of the hotel.
- To be able to prioritise daily tasks based on the requirements of the hotel.
- To be familiar with the layout/ plan of the hotel and the working of all equipment in the building.
- To ensure maintenance areas are locked and permitted people only can access those areas
- To ensure all painting jobs are completed to company standard
- To ensure all areas are left clean and tidy on completion of the job.
- Deal with all electrical, plumbing, heating, HVAC and other maintenance issues on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinate and supervise outside contractors when required.
- Deal with all servicing, product guarantee and warranty related issues.
- Respond to Maintenance Related Call-out when required.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance in line with the Departments Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
- Observe all of the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations at all times
- To conduct checks of the emergency procedures and equipment.
- To ensure a stock of regularly used maintenance supplies is available.
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support