Learning and Events Assistant
- Job Reference: 00026547-1
- Date Posted: 1 February 2024
- Recruiter: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
- Location: Livingston
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: National Living Wage
- Sector: Temp, Interim & Seasonal, Venue, Attraction, Travel and Entertainment, Tours and Visitor Attractions
- Job Type: Temporary
OVERVIEW OF THE POST
To deliver the learning visit discovery sessions, which provide a learning experience to primary and secondary schools who visit Almond Valley. This involves the delivery of popular animal experiences to history and heritage sessions, where there are Q&A sessions from the attendees. These discovery sessions are essential to allow us to deliver to our charitable aims. The post also provides a key support to the development and implementation of the seasonal events programme.
INFORMATION ABOUT TEAM
You will form part of the Visitor Operations Team, lead by the Operations Manager. The small dedicated learning & events team is currently made up of two team members, who work in shifts to ensure learning visits and subsequent discovery sessions are delivered to visiting schools. The team also ensure that the seasonal events are delivered.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Learning & Events
• To delivery the Discovery Sessions to primary and secondary schools
• Responsible for the day-to-day learning activities
• Contribute to the continued delivery of the learning visit programme
• Assist in the development and delivery of seasonal and special events
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail purchases in a friendly, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Welcoming visitors with specific needs/impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act.
• Welcoming large groups in an efficient and warm manner, including the managing of the car park.
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site face to face and over the telephone.
• Housekeeping duties.
• Site Patrol and working along side the Tidy Team when required for tasks including toilet checks and litter picking.
• Assisting with rides, and being a train guard on the narrow gauge railway ride.
• Working alongside the team at special events.
◦ To adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and safeguarding of monies.
◦ Actively up sell memberships to facilitate the visitors enjoyment.
Site and Personal Presentation
• As and where necessary to wearing the correct uniform, name badge, or PPE.
• Report all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to the Operations Manager
• Working harmony with all other departments
Health and Safety
• To ensure site meets with Health and Safety legislation in liaison with the Operations Manager.
• To comply with necessary Health and Safety guides and procedures
• Represent Almond Valley at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values.
• Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and our policies and procedures.
• Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
• The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.