We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join the group at Jurys Inns & Leonardo Hotels.
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to join our great team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to be part of a team that provides great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
Experience we are looking for -
- To have worked in a hotel kitchen or branded restaurant chain.
- To be able to work in a fast-paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be able to work independently, being self motivated to complete the tasks.
- Flexibility- to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends as well as mornings, or evenings (no split shifts here)
- Follow hygiene and cleanliness standards to ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy.
- To clean all pots, pans and any other equipment as required and ensure they are stored correctly and neatly.
- Ensure all crockery, cutlery and glassware are washed properly, dried and stored correctly and are available for outlets as required.
- Maintenance of kitchen area, sweeping/mopping floors, steam clean or hose out bins as required and emptying bins when full etc.
- To work closely with the hotel's management team to ensure compliance with all hygiene and health and safety programmes.
- To ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire kitchen area.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order and report any maintenance issues.
- To ensure employee areas are kept clean and tidy.
Why come and work for us
to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support