As a Kitchen Porter, you will assist in the delivery of amazing brand standards and immaculate kitchen and back of house facilities. You will be responsible for your own work and take pride in the high standard of cleanliness and organisation whilst adhering to all food safety and health and safety guidelines. As a Kitchen Porter, you will be an integral part of the Kitchen and Food and Beverage departments working closely with all team members to deliver exceptional standards.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
Joining the dedicated Kitchen department, you will:
- Ensure the kitchen/refuse areas and relevant stores, corridors and equipment are cleaned and maintained to the highest degree of cleanliness.
- Use cleaning agents and equipment within the perimeters of COSHH Legislation
- Follow all food safety and health and safety guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of food.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
As a Kitchen Porter, you will have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail in order to provide consistent standards. This is a vital role in the function of the hotel and ultimately the service provided to our guests before, during and after their stay. You will love working within a team and offering help and assistance, you will be great at multi-tasking, you will be efficient at solving all guest enquiries and all with a smile and infectious personality!
On your first day you will begin a structured 12 week learning journey, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence to be a great Kitchen Porter. With this in mind, we are looking for a Kitchen Porter who:
- Can deliver excellent standards
- Uses initiative
- is self-aware and able to evaluate their own work
- takes pride in the work they do
- has a customer service attitude
- has the ability to multi-task and organise a variable work load
- provides excellent attention to detail
- holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!