Apex Hotels are looking for an experienced, standards-driven Kitchen Manager with a strong passion for food!
As Kitchen Manager you will have the drive and determination to make a difference and build on the success of this kitchen team. With proven leadership and people management skills, you will be a Chef with passion for delivering very high standards within a kitchen environment. Additionally, you will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail which is a requirement of this role. You will be a self-starter Chef who can lead a team, with a desire to deliver the best service you can. You may have an ambition to progress your career into the Hotel sector, this could be a great opportunity for you to come and join our welcoming and friendly team.
As Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for maximising the performance of the Kitchen to ensure the hotel remains ahead of it's competitive set.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Being passionate about food, preparing and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to company standards.
- Ordering kitchen materials and ingredients based on anticipated demand.
- Training, supervising and assisting all kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking and presentation of all dishes
- To ensure that food hygiene regulations are always followed ensuring that the food is rotated on a daily basis to eliminate wastage.
- Day to day Kitchen administration, including sign off of Daily / Weekly Kitchen Control forms and cleaning checklists
- To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Hygiene, Health and Safety and other legislation relevant to your role, ensuring that members of the Team are also aware of these requirements in accordance.
Apex Hotels is a stylish and contemporary collection of family owned 4* boutique hotels based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, London and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Free meals when on duty
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
- Employee of the month/year reward scheme
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Annual anniversary dinner for two
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity, click apply'. We look forward to hearing from you!