Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality? Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths? Do you want to express yourself? Do you want flexibility? Do you want to feel safe at work? Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously? Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all of these questions, right? So get applying for this opportunity!!!
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
What Are We Looking For?
We have commenced our search for a Kitchen Manager to join the opening team at new Glasgow Hotel - Pocotel. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the entire department. Please note Pocotel is a limited-service hotel, and we would welcome individuals who have Food Hygiene L2 and prior experience (1 years) within a similar environment
Duties will include
- Adhering to all food safety standards within the department
- Stock control including ordering and stock rotation
- Preparation of food, whilst ensuring all hotel standards are met
- Management of small team including breakfast chef
- Controlling food cost/waste whilst maximising profit
Although full training will be provided to our new team, we are seeking candidates who are self-sufficient, able to learn/adapt fast and enjoy working within a busy environment.
Where Will You Be Working?
Located within the city centre of Glasgow, surrounded by buzzing restaurants, bars and shops, plus just a stone throw away from transport links, Pocotel is the ideal stop over for laid back travellers looking to explore everything the city has to offer! Boasting 92 bedrooms, 2 conference rooms and a small F&B outlet, Pocotel is modern hotel who are big on comfort and small on fuss.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeingand our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes- to keep you motivated
- Money off high street retailers- hundreds of savings to be had
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Pension - as it's important to save for a later date
- Flexible pay with Wagestream - a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
- Training programmes - we want you to be the best you can be
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!