One of the family...
The clue is in the name. We're a family business through and through - family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike. Our seven hotels are unique and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small and all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of outdoor and indoor things to do and a fun place to work.
The Kingshouse Hotel
The Kingshouse Hotel is part landmark hotel, part adventurer's bunkhouse - slap-bang in Glencoe and on Scotland's world-famous West Highland Way. We have 57 bedrooms offering a great night's sleep plus the bunkhouse offering shared rooms, a restaurant and two bars. Everyone is welcome and everyone will feel at home.
Our estate-to-plate ethos runs through all our restaurant and bar menus. Inspired by our location and Scotland's abundant land and sea larder we use the best of ingredients to guarantee our guests an exceptional experience, brimming with Scottish hospitality and flavour.
About the role
You'll help support a team of chefs. Your passion and experience will motivate the team of chefs to prepare quality food making sure that every guest has an exceptional experience whether they chose to dine in our restaurant or bars.
You'll be able to demonstrate your ability to work with high volumes and keep calm when the pressure's on. You'll also help train and coach the team to help them achieve their career aspirations, just as we'll help you with yours.
What we need from you:
- Junior Sous Chef Experience - in similar 4 or 5 star setting or looking for the next step in your career
- Passion - an obvious enthusiasm for Scottish Food produce and menu development
- Standards - the serious bit you'll have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Creativity - we want you to bring your flair and individuality to the table
- Team focus - there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Ideas and openness - we're up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to - we're looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility - there's no problem you can't fix
What you'll get from us
- Development / Career progression - we're committed to developing our people and will provide training opportunities to help you progress your career
- Great benefits - including pension, leisure membership, and discounts on food and hotel stays
- Live-in accommodation - in one of the world's most stunning locations
- Uniform - We can't wait to show this off
We'll supply regular transport for our team members who work shifts.
We're only a 40 minute drive from Fort William.
For those wanting to use public transport, you can catch a bus just five minutes from the Hotel. Buses also go from here to Glasgow/Edinburgh or North through the Highlands to Inverness - a couple of hours either way. There's up to eight a day in summer and a few less in winter so good for getting away on your days off.