HR Assistant Summer Placement Fixed Term June- Sept
- Job Reference: 00007578-1
- Date Posted: 6 June 2022
- Recruiter: National Galleries of Scotland
- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £21,379 - £23,553
- Sector: Finance & Revenue, Head Office Support, Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
HR Assistant Summer Placement (Band 7)
Full-Time, Fixed Term (June to Sept)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and people-oriented HR Assistant to join our small HR team. This fixed term role will support the Talent Acquisition Team whilst we recruit staff to work in upcoming exhibitions. This role could suit an undergraduate seeking a summer placement.
• Providing admin support for a wide range of HR activities for our recruitment processes.
• Posting adverts on job boards to entice new candidates
• Ensuring all queries by candidates, employees and managers are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
• Tracking candidate applications through the recruitment process, arranging interviews, and assisting with candidate management tasks.
• Creating correspondence for new starters and ensuring onboarding documentation is completed.
• Checking candidates have appropriate documents for Right to Work and Disclosure Scotland checks.
• Processing new start information ensuring monthly payroll date is actioned in an accurate and timely manner in line with monthly deadlines.
• Flexibility to support other HR team members with ad hoc duties and projects.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The following range of knowledge, skills and experience are required. Please ensure these are reflected in your application. Short listing for the interview will be based on meeting these requirements.
• An interest and passion for recruitment
• Analytical with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Teams
• Strong admin and organisational skills including effective prioritising of work with previous experience of working to deadlines
• Currently undertaking a Human Resource Management Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience of working within an office environment