At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of a part time HR and Training Assistant (4 days a week) has become available at the Crowne Plaza Reading. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a key membr of the team contributing to RBH's goals and values by supporting the HR function and people plan in the hotel.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual whose key responsibilities are:
- Supporting the head of departments with recruitment, deliver new starter induction and oversee the completion of statutory and brand training.
- Support the General Manager with the hotels people plan, motivate and engage the team to achieve the hotel HR scorecard targets
- Initially support the finance team in the processing the monthly payroll and pension documents (this may move to the successful candidates responsibilities in time)
- Support the head of departments with performance reviews, performance management, disciplinaries and grievances
- Responsible for the hotels charity, health and well-being activities and other social events throughout the year
- Perform daily admin tasks
We are looking for someone who has relevant experience as an HR Administrator within an office or hotel environment. They will need to be an effective communicator and committed to providing exceptional HR support to our team. Good knowledge of Microsoft packages and experience of Fourth HR system would be a plus. CIPD qualification preferred or working towards it.
Where Will You Be Working?
Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary hotel in a redbrick building is a 13-minute walk from Reading railway station, 2.3 miles from the University of Reading and 3 miles from Caversham Heath Golf Course.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!