Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new, or had fun working that day. Therefore, we hire unique individuals who work together to create amazing experiences for our guests. We recognize that every member of the team contributes to the success of the whole hotel. No-one is more important than anyone else, and unless we are in it together, we can’t create that special experience for our guest.
Should you choose to accept it…
If you have an eye for detail, cleanliness, and are passionate about leading a team, then this job is for you. You will be responsible for maintaining Virgin Hotel’s high standards of cleanliness in managing the cleaning of guest rooms. You will also be required to communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates, supervisors and guests. Even more so, we expect you to be aware of your surroundings and notice/anticipate guest needs in order to engage the guest to let them know that you are there to take care of them with your genuine and “go the extra mile” service. You will also do this by training the housekeeping supervisors, the room attendants and everyone else in your team as much as possible. Your teamwork and willingness to help others will be on display as you help your fellow teammates and room attendants in inspecting and at times cleaning the rooms. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
- Learn and retain complete knowledge of housekeeping procedures and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Cultivate a team of personable, genuine and committed individuals to make up the Housekeeping department. Hold members accountable to operating standards and the Virgin culture.
- Head of Training for the Housekeeping team. Create weekly training topics and review with staff.
- Ensure Housekeeping team are completing job specific checklists daily and thoroughly for their respective positions.
- Complete opening procedures and team briefing sessions
- Assign work to room attendants and train associates in housekeeping duties
- Inspect rooms to make sure that they are up to Virgin Hotels standards of cleanliness
- Assist throughout department as needed, this may include cleaning rooms
- Manage and conduct linen inventories
- Manage and control departmental costs (payroll, supplies, linen, etc.)
- Communicate with other departments any problems that need attention
- Complies with the key policy established by the company
- Communicate with manager any safety issues
- Ensure safety and hotel policies
- Helps log “lost and found” items at the end of the shift to security
- Report to designated shift in assigned attire
- Motivates team to establish positive guest and associate relations
- A site inspection is a tour with a potential client highlighting our awesome event space and guest chambers. This is muy importante at the hotel and takes a lot of preparation. The Housekeeping manager will support the Director of rooms and sales team by selecting relevant rooms, prepping the guest chambers and even brainstorming a cool amenity.
- Complete a manager’s request within reason
- Follows all company policies
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
- Input and access data in various computer systems
- Understand guest inquiries and provide clear, concise responses
- Work with others like a rock star, while constantly advocating for your guests
- Requires knowledge of the various positions within the Housekeeping Department
- Comfortable using technology as a tool
- Able to stand for a minimum of eight hours a day
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching
- Performs the same task repeatedly
- Flexibility to work different shifts, including on the weekends, holidays and nights
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written English
- Work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team
- Focus attention on details
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel standard
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two years of Housekeeping supervisory experience.
- Working experience in luxury hospitality sector preferred
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
Just like you communicate through your smart phone via text, social media or an actual phone conversation, please communicate directly with the Executive Head Housekeeper regarding your work schedule, daily work tasks and responsibilities as well as general work-related issues. Face-to-face conversation is preferred of course!
Virgin Hotels celebrates diversity and welcomes teammates from all backgrounds. We are proud to be an inclusive and Equal Opportunity Employer