One of the family...
The clue is in the name. We're a family business through and through - family owned, family run, with a warm family welcome for guests and team alike. Our seven hotels are unique and set in three stunning Scottish locations. Some are big, some are small and all offer good food & drink, great beds and a ton of outdoor and indoor things to do and a fun place to work.
The Kingshouse Hotel
The Kingshouse Hotel is part landmark hotel, part adventurer's bunkhouse - slap-bang in Glencoe and on Scotland's world-famous West Highland Way. We have 57 bedrooms offering a great night's sleep plus the bunkhouse offering shared rooms, a restaurant and two bars. Everyone is welcome and everyone will feel at home.
Our estate-to-plate ethos runs through all our restaurant and bar menus. Inspired by our location and Scotland's abundant land and sea larder we use the best of ingredients to guarantee our guests an exceptional experience, brimming with Scottish hospitality and flavour.
About the role
You'll manage the Housekeeping Team - focusing on quality and attention to detail ensuring our bedrooms and public areas are kept immaculate. You'll be hands on and lead by example, ensuring you get the very best from the team to deliver excellent standards and a warm and welcoming guest experience.
You'll manage training, rosters and be responsible for P & L and budgets.
You'll put our guests at the heart of everything you do - taking every opportunity to exceed expectations.
What we need from you
- Housekeeping Experience Essential - in a similar setting
- Leadership - a natural leader- we want happy, confident, motivated teams
- Business Acumen - managing budgets, focusing on quality
- Team focus - there are no egos here, just hard-working people who love creating memorable experiences for every guest
- Self-Starter - we want our people to feel motivated and supported
- Ideas and openness - we're up for doing things differently and will try (almost) everything once
- Fun and easy to talk to - we're looking for personality, not a corporate clone
- Flexibility - there's no problem you can't fix
What you'll get from us
- The chance to work in a friendly, forward thinking company with investment as a priority.
- Great benefits - including pension, and discounts on leisure membership, food and hotel stays
- Live in accommodation may be available
We're only a 40-minute drive from Fort William and 1 hour from Oban
For those wanting to use public transport, you can catch a bus just five minutes from the Hotel. Buses also go from here to Glasgow/Edinburgh or North through the Highlands to Inverness - a couple of hours either way. There's up to eight a day in summer and a few less in winter so good for getting away on your days off.