- Job Reference: 00003110-1
- Date Posted: 13 September 2021
- Recruiter: The Royal Yacht Britannia
- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £19,760.00 per annum
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Head Office Support, HR, Learning and Development, Consulting
- Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £19,760.00 per annum
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Led by Chief Executive, Bob Downie, Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which? Magazine 2020) and Scotland’s Best Visitor Attraction for 13 years running. Britannia is also TripAdvisor’s Travellers' Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Our Visitor Experience department is dedicated to ensuring that visitors receive the highest level of customer experience possible and we are looking for a Housekeeper to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Housekeeping Team Leader, key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the Britannia tour route and visitor centre are cleaned to a high standard and maintained throughout your shift.
• Safe use and storage of all equipment and chemicals required to maintain the cleanliness of the tour route and visitor centre.
• Assisting with any other duties, as required by the Housekeeping Team Leaders and Visitor Experience Managers.
Core hours: 40hrs a week (working 8 hour shifts between 7am and 7pm, including weekends), with any additional holiday/shift cover, as required, to suit the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high standards in Housekeeping, have a friendly, can-do attitude and a desire to help and assist staff and visitors alike.
Company benefits include:
• Life Assurance.
• Complimentary tickets.
• Staff discount in the Britannia Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
• Free car parking.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the role of Housekeeper to: firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
Visitor Experience Manager
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Closing date: 27 September 2021
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.