As Cluster Sales Manager - North West you'll develop and implement strategies to ensure corporate and leisure revenue and room night sales goals for your properties are achieved, tactical plans are created and implemented and results are monitored and achieved. The main properties within your cluster include: Holiday Inn Express - City Centre Oxford Road Manchester plus the Heeton Concept Hotel in Liverpool City Centre.
- Manage daily sales activities
- Proactively build relationships with local corporates through face to face meetings, networking events and visits
- Drive a great working environment with the hotel teams - connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue.
- Hit all personal sales goals and maximise profitability.
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP's, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
- Work closely with General Managers, Head Office team, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotels.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or green and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotels and the brand locally - occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquiriee.
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments.
- Ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
What we need from you
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends in both Manchester and Liverpool
- Four or more years' experience in a hotel sales and marketing role
- Desire to achieve target
This role is all about pro-active sales - office based account managers need not apply!
Why work for us
- Competative salary
- Achievable bonus scheme
- Private Medical and Dental
- We are an expanding hotel group, so their will be developmental opportunities
You must already be living in the UK and have the right to work in UK