We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our London team. This is an exciting role which will impact and influence key decisions and strategies within the business going forward. This role will be based at Apex City Of London Hotel, but you will also be required to cover the any of the London Cluster Hotels when business needs.
A strategic leader, who is proactive, with the ability to be able to step in and be very hands on, yet also know when to step back and lead and manage a team. An experienced Deputy General Manager, or previous HOD, ready for your next move, who is also an all-rounder, in both Rooms & F&B would be most advantageous.
We are seeking a standards driven individual with passion and enthusiasm to fulfil the role of Operations Manager. Whilst the Heads of Department will report directly to the General Manager, they will have an indirect reporting line into this role which will support them in the delivery of all departmental revenue and cost initiatives. This role will involve operational shift coverage across a seven-day week rota.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests to provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
- To be highly visible at key operational times to ensure the drive and enhancement of the customer experience
- Maintain staff focus on the Customer's need', individualising and personalising service where possible and encouraging staff initiative
- Development and implementation of customer service plans that support the maintaining and continued high performance growth of our customer NPS
- Ownership of the full in stay and post stay customer service lifecycle, continually reviewing where improvements can be made and following up on customer feedback and addressing service gaps
- Working with the HOD's to ensure the brand service standards are routinely reviewed against adoption and delivery metrics
- Ensure the highest cleanliness standards across all hotel areas
- Collaborate with HOD's and Sales to support in following up customer lead opportunities and actively grow the business
- Work with HOD's to ensure that teams are upskilled and multiskilled in line with business requirements
- Work with the HOD's to translate annual strategic business plans into considered departmental scorecard targets and associated activity plans
- Analysis of daily / weekly payroll costs in accordance with forecasted and materialised revenue levels to ensure optimal staffing deployments are managed with overspend corrected within the same trading period
- To consistently conduct time in motion studies across all departments in accordance with technology and process adoption identifying incremental efficiencies
- Ensure effective holiday/sickness/absence management
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
This is a highly visible role and as the daily face of the operation you will be responsible for overseeing the continual development and delivery of the Apex guest journey, the brand standards and our team culture.
With a passion for customer satisfaction you will be proactive, show initiative and also be able to demonstrate leadership achievements. You will have evidence of motivating and developing department managers and be flexible on working hours. You will see this opportunity as a fantastic platform for the grounding required to move into your first General Manager position. You will:
- Have the ability to maintain and enhance a guest and team centric culture
- Communicate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Influence and inspire confidence
- Imbue a coaching, supporting and challenging mentality that delivers operational results
- Build effective and productive relationships (internal & external)
- Create an open environment
- Identify and manage best resources to achieve targets
- Translate strategies into practical plans
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!