This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join Apex Hotels in Glasgow on our Hospitality Apprentice Programme.
We are looking to nurture and develop the next generation of leaders within Apex Hotels. The Apprenticeship in Hospitality Scotland is an award-winning programme that was developed to offer an alternative to university. AHS is designed to support you in the start of a lifelong career in hospitality, an extremely rewarding industry.
This great opportunity offers you the chance to complete the Hospitality Services apprenticeship over two years, gaining the SCQF Level 5 qualification, all whilst working full time with Apex Hotels developing your operational and supervisory skills, you'll rotate between the key operational departments: housekeeping, kitchen, front office, and restaurant & bar, spending 6 months in each department. You'll then select the department you wish to develop your career in following your completion of the two-year apprenticeship.
A series of masterclasses will be delivered throughout the programme offering you the opportunity to get together with other AHS apprentices to discuss your experience and share your learning. Each year we offer learning journey experiences, which are designed to showcase what a career in hospitality has to offer and what paths and opportunities can be available to you. These experiences change each year and often involve some travel within the UK or abroad. It is the masterclasses and learning journey experiences that make this AHS apprenticeship so unique.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a warm and welcoming team, where you will have fun, meet many new people, make friends, and enjoy your work. Hospitality is such a thriving industry that could take your career in endless directions!
We'd love for you to join our Apex family and work over the summer months so you can get to know us, then you're ready to begin the apprenticeship in September.
- Participating in ongoing training & development in each of the 4 departments to support your personal and professional skills progression.
- Within the food and beverage department you will serve guests, take food and drinks orders, and manage guest queries with excellent customer service. You will gain knowledge of our menus and food and alcohol standards whilst working across bar, restaurant, conference, and room service facilities.
- Within the kitchen you will assist the Chef de Partie in the running of the section and with the preparation and service of food. Ensuring health and hygiene regulations are followed whilst learning the required standards of food service
- Within front office you will greet our guest upon arrival and learn the guest check in/out procedure. You will offer local advice and information regarding the local area as well as offering an excellent overall knowledge of all hotel facilities. Create amazing first impressions and customer service.
- Within housekeeping you will ensure that all guest rooms look well-presented by performing various cleaning duties including cleaning guest bedrooms and bathrooms, changing linen, vacuuming, polishing, and dusting, engaging with guests and taking pride in your work
- Anticipate guests' needs whenever possible in every department to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrate behaviours reflective of Apex Family Values of Passion, Trust, Friendliness and Teamwork.
- You will report to the relevant Head of Department during each rotation
- You will receive support from a Workplace Mentor
- Opportunity to progress into the supervisory programme in your 3 rd year
Personal Characteristics and Competencies:
- You will have a passion for the hospitality industry with a desire to progress your career
- You will have good communication and IT skills relevant to the role and be ambitious to develop these skills.
- You will bring your personality to work to ensure exceptional guest service
- You will have excellent customer care skills to deal with guest concerns in a calm and positive manner
- You will demonstrate commitment to the apprenticeship along with full time work