Are you an experienced receptionist and team leader?
We're looking for a confident and professional Head Receptionist, responsible for ensuring the department runs smoothly and that customers consistently receive excellent service. You'll also deal with check-ins and check-outs, and manage reservations and queries about rooms, the restaurant, functions and events.
You must have experience of cash handling and reservation systems. (We'll train you on our system.) Experience as a supervisor/team manager is also essential, preferably in a similar environment.
You'll need to be able to stay calm under pressure and multi-task effectively. It's also important to anticipate guests' needs, deal with their enquiries and requests, and pass these on to colleagues if necessary.
The role requires a positive and friendly personality, with excellent communication skills and a real passion for customer service. You'll need to be flexible about working hours, including weekends. Excellent personal presentation is also essential.
The role has a strong commercial focus. You'll attend weekly sales meetings, and we'll expect you to take all opportunities to increase revenue, including upselling the hotel's products and services. Your remit also includes managing websites and selling rates, and helping to develop our sales and marketing plan.
Admin skills are also important. You'll draw up weekly rotas, ensure that all guest documentation and information is available and up to date, handle invoicing and accounts, and make sure that all our procedures and policies are followed. It's also your responsibility to recruit, train and develop new reception team members.
What we need from you
- Experience as a supervisor/team manager, preferably in a similar environment, or City & Guilds in Reception or other relevant qualification or QBE
- Experience of cash handling and reservation systems
- Confidence, excellent communication skills, and a friendly personality
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent personal grooming and presentation
What we offer
- £XX per hour (equivalent to a salary of £XXK - XXk per annum based on full-time hours) / OR Salary up to £XXX
- 100% service charge, up to approx £2000 per year
- Attractive staff uniform
- Flexible working pattern
- Training and development opportunities including SVQ's and professional qualifications
- Staff meals
- Free staff transport (Glencoe and Isle of Mull)
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels for accommodation and food & beverage for you and your friends & family
- Personal membership to Perkbox offering a range of offers and discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Contribution towards driving lessons
- Charitable fund raising matched up to £250
- Paid day off on your birthday each year