Working closely with the Executive Team and Operational leadership team, the Head of Talent Acquisition & Development will be instrumental in the development and rollout of People-focussed strategies across the group. The role is critical to the continued achievement of the group's goal to provide excellence in guest service through supporting excellence in our employee experience.
This role has a wide ranging remit including the delivery of a positive employee culture, through recruitment and onboarding, training and development, reward and recognition and positioning Apex as leading employer within hospitality.
Key elements of this role will include:
- Responsibility for generating a positive, inclusive and safe environment for our employees,
- Delivery of a strong people culture, empowering employees to deliver to the highest standard, which focusses upon recognition, inclusion, teamwork and personal development,
- Creative recruitment strategies focussed on positioning Apex as an employer of choice,
- Delivery of high levels of employee engagement and retention,
- Embedding talent development and training programmes with a clear structure for upskilling and career development, from apprentices and graduates, through to experienced staff members,
- Leadership, motivation and development of the team to be recognised as experts in their field, across Recruitment and Organisational Development,
- Driving improvements through technology, optimising systems performance and delivering efficiencies in recruitment, training and people management processes
This role will involve overseeing the Resourcing team and the Organisation Development team that are based across Scotland and England.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, engaging and ambitious business leader with a proven track record in executing transformational change within HR. Candidates should be strategic thinkers with a passion for culture and talent development.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!