Springboard UK is recruiting for a Head of Regional Fundraising to join their team.
You will be working for a charity that helps young people achieve their potential, relieves unemployment for people of all ages and alleviates poverty by supporting people into employment within Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism Industries. This company are committed to promoting the industry as a “first choice” career through sustaining brand awareness, promoting careers, attracting talent and providing services to its Business Partners.
As Head of Regional Fundraising, you will research, draft and submit bids for funding primarily at National & regional levels with a focus on Public Funding, though supporting Trusts & Foundations. You will research relevant fundraising pots, bid data and information, and provide expertise and knowledge on products and services. You will develop content and financial information for bids on a full cost recovery basis and be able to direct bid writers to the correct due diligence and policies required. You will take responsibility for ensuring that all policies, procedures, and costing models related to funding applications remain up to date. You will prepare and submit evaluation reports to funders.
A day & month in the life of……
Research potential bid opportunities – targeting Springboard local & regional programme priorities including attendance at stakeholder meetings.
- Draft local, regional (and some national) funding bids and/or evaluation reports.
- Manage and review current caseload of funding contracts and identify next steps for renewals.
- Review & amend content of bids due to be submitted and support fellow bid writers with budgets and online applications.
- Support people led priorities (involving beneficiaries in design, development, delivery and evaluation)
- Contribute to internal regional funding profiling and external Impact reporting.
- Report back on due diligence, compliance & review policies related to funding applications.
- Liaison with delivery teams to brief on successful bid requirements and timeframes.
This job is for you if you have…
- Previous experience in successful bid writing
- The ability to be both strategic and hands on
- The ability to be creative to match funder requirements to Springboard priorities
- Excellent verbal, written skills & attention to detail
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR
- The ability to interrogate excel data, prepare budgets and forecasts
- Desire to work in a highly focused, results driven fundraising team
It would also be good if you….
Thrive on identifying suitable funding pots, writing compelling bids and interrogating public funding, Trusts & Foundations who can work across many divisions. Someone who shares our core values.