Magnificent and uniquely inspirational. Cameron House, a 5 star resort nestled on the world-famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond has reopened following a multi-million pound restoration. Located where the Scottish Highlands meet the Lowlands, the 17th century Baronial estate where Cameron House resides is rich in character and history. With an award-winning Spa with rooftop infinity pool, an 18-hole championship golf course, an extensive array of resort activities, and a choice of six restaurants and five bars that will cater to everyone.
The iconic lochside setting is impressive in its grandeur, celebrated and treasured. Set within 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, adventure is on your doorstep, with Loch Lomond providing the perfect location for water sports and land activities, including speedboat tours, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking, 4X4 off-road driving, falconry and more.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special; all that's missing could be you.
THE ROLE - HEAD CHEF MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Cameron House offers a choice of event spaces, our seven exceptional spaces, one with unparalleled loch views, will offer complete privacy and can host from 16 guests up to 400.
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, as Head Chef you will be part of a creative and highly driven culinary team working to continually improve guest experience and employee satisfaction, whilst maintaining health and safety and food hygiene standards and working within operating budgets
Some of the key things you will be responsible for as Head Chef Meetings and Events:
Hosting your day-to-day operation, being present and accessible to guests and your team
Maintaining the safety, cleanliness and presentation of your kitchen and stores through our food safety management system, cleaning schedules and food safety compliance audits
Defining, managing and supervising consistent delivery of exceptional food standards at the correct volumes
First class knowledge of food, trends, dietary requirements, and allergens
Enhancing the guests experience through recommendations, bespoke menus and specials
Effective stock controls, though strong management of requisitions and orders based on forecast and stock takes, managing key lines and recording wastage
Effective communication through daily shift briefings, handovers, monthly meetings and the use of our systems
Effective handling, resolve and operational follow up of feedback
Attendance at Weekly operational/business sheet meetings and pre event meetings
Arranging resources in line with operational demand and budgets
Organising rotas and work plans, holiday entitlements and requests
Recruitment, induction, and ongoing training and progression of your team
Providing feedback and managing performance through probationary reviews, 1:1s and appraisals.
Meet all legal requirements to keep guests and employees safe, and the business compliant with statutory obligations.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don't have a typical' employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things - your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on.
- People who are naturally friendly - who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team, as our guests - It's about supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be and to do the best job they can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in - it's up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- Current or recent Senior chef experience preferably within a 4/5 Star Hotel or Resort, or reputable independent restaurant with sufficient experience of catering for large scale events and multi-operational outlets
- Initiative, creativity and ability to solve problems
- Competent IT skills with knowledge of Office software,
- Intermediate Food Hygiene, IOSH Managing Safely and First Aid at Work qualifications are also advantageous although training can be provided.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here's what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverages, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there's also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep - just waiting to be explored in your free time.