We Welcome Happy #happyistheplacetobe
We have a great opportunity for a Head Chef to join the group at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland.
We want you to lead a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel.
What we expect from you -
Head Chef experience or you may be an exceptional Sous Chef looking for your first Head Chef position - we really support development at Jurys Inn and like to give people the opportunity to progress.
Background in branded hotels or restaurants is preferred - so you will understand how we work
Be comfortable following a standardised menu
To be standards-driven and have good organisational skills.
To be able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and to enjoy it
To be able to communicate to and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
Used to managing costs - we like to keep a close eye on things
Know the EHO requirements and be able to ensure the team deliver.
Your responsibilities will be:
Manage, supervise and participate in the preparation of food for all the Food and Beverage outlets at the hotel - this includes bar, restaurant and conference and banqueting (where applicable).
Ensure food is produced in a timely and efficient manner and meets the highest standards of taste, quality and presentation.
Ensure the control of costs and productivity through the establishment of standards of outputs.
Keeping the team up to date about departmental, hotel and company activities through daily communications
Track food costs and assist in the development of departmental budgets.
Ensure implementation of effective cost controls without compromising standards of service.
To lead and develop an energetic workforce, having involvement in recruitment, learning and development, team engagement initiatives and all aspects of people management.
To ensure the kitchen is clean and that the team all know the correct hygiene standards expected.
To ensure the kitchen team follow HACCP and food safety standards. Using the tools and equipment provided.
To train and develop the team within the kitchen so that a talent pipeline exists for future progression, the company host chef development courses such as The Chef Development Programme and we host internal competitions.
Why come and work for us?
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support