We are looking for someone at head chef level to lead our kitchen team. .
We are very proud that The Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa continues to maintain its AA 4-star, 1-rosette rating, and after a recent £multi-million refurbishment programme we remain very excited about the business's future potential and development. As part of our ongoing brand development we recently launched a high quality, brasserie style, a la carte menu, which, in response to the current global crisis, has been designed to ensure consistency, exceptional quality and simplicity. All these things make this a very exciting time to join us.
A professional attitude, team focus and adaptability are key. This person must be able to demonstrate their effectiveness in: health and safety compliance, stock control and waste management, staff manning, working to a budget, adherence to a brand standard and managing a team of up to 7 people.
This candidate will receive a comprehensive induction and the full and ongoing support of the management team. We want to work with the right candidate to ensure that they succeed in this role and - enjoy the journey.
We are less than 1 ½ hours from Glasgow by car and live-in accommodation can be provided.
If you have a passion for the industry, a can-do attitude, a desire to make a difference and play your part in these challenging times we would love to hear from you.
What we need from you
- Minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- SVQ2 catering certificate or equivalent
- A working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
- A passion for delivering great service
- A diligent approach to preparing food in a busy kitchen
- The confidence, energy and charisma to inspire and lead your team
- Organisational and management skills
What we offer
- Above industry rates of pay plus extensive benefits
- 100% service charge, up to approx £2000 per year
- Sensible working hours/shift pattern
- Accommodation in a 2 bedroomed private house - walking distance from the hotel (for the right candidate)
- Training and development opportunities
- Discounted rates across our group of hotels for accommodation and food & beverage for you and your friends & family
- Personal membership to Perkbox offering a range of offers and discounts
- Long Service Recognition
- Pet Bereavement Day
- Contribution towards driving lessons
- Charitable fund raising matched up to £250
- Paid day off on your birthday each year