The Stable Bar is the perfect destination for anyone seeking a traditional country pub and kitchen, that serves a wide selection of drinks and homemade food, and is within easy reach of Edinburgh city centre. Located at the end of Mortonhall Gate, just past the Klondyke Garden Centre and near the Mortonhall Camping and Caravan Park entrance, you’ll find that The Stable Bar is packed with both charm and character.
We are recruiting an experienced Head Chef to join our established, experienced team at The Stable Bar. Serving great food is what we’re all about and as Head Chef you’ll be at the centre of making that happen. Working closely with the General Manager, you’ll have the passion to lead a super successful kitchen team, educating and inspiring them to make sure all food is prepared safely, cooked to perfection, and tastes irresistible to our guests.
What you need
- Experience of successfully leading and motivating a fast-paced kitchen team, perhaps as a chef de partie or sous chef.
- A solid background in delivering consistently high-quality experiences to guests
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety as well as food and hygiene standards.
- Ability to think on your feet and find the best solutions to any problems that arise.
- Top-notch organisation and outstanding communication skills.
- A genuine passion for delivering an amazing guest experience and developing your team.
What will I do as a Head Chef?
- Work with the General Manager, bringing all your care and attention to deliver a dining experience that’s up there with the best in any restaurant or gastro pub.
- Coach and train your team to learn all about specifications, promotions, and menu changes.
- Share your knowledge and expertise within the kitchen, so everyone knows how to maintain high standards.
- Build strong links between the kitchen and front of house teams, making sure every guest receives a restaurant experience they’ll love.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now!