As Head Chef, you will be responsible for delivering a high level of food to all our guests. Working in the Kitchen you will help maximise revenue through first class food preparation and delivery. You will embrace every opportunity to create exceptional food for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share. This role is ideal for someone who has experience at Sous Chef level and is looking for their first Head Chef position.
Joining the dedicated Kitchen department, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a brigade of chefs catering for the Restaurant.
- Taking responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the management of the kitchens including operating within company standards and in compliance with all Health and Safety legislation.
- You will responsible for ensuring that the preparation, cooking and presentation of food consistently meets Apex standards and that the required profit objectives are achieved through efficient food costing and effective staff management and training.
- Maximising sales and profit while ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Coaching, training and supporting all Chefs to provide consistently high standards, while continually looking to improve.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Controlling the Kitchen budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rota's.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
You will display confidence, strong business acumen and the ability to forecast sales and achieve budgets. You will be able to combine financial awareness with a flair and passion for food and the ability to create and deliver the highest standards in menu offerings. You will have the talent to build, develop and motivate a team to deliver excellent levels of customer care.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level is essential
- You will have previous managerial experience within a similar role
- Experience of working in a 4 or 5 star hotel would be beneficial
- Can deliver excellent standards
- is self-aware and able to evaluate their own work
- takes pride in the work they do
- has a customer service attitude
- has the ability to multi-task and organise a variable work load
- provides excellent attention to detail
- holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!