At Holiday Inn Brentford Lock we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Holiday Inn Brentford Lock nestled overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal. This four-star hotel is located in west London and has been created for comfort and style and offers a warm and welcoming service to all guests. The hotel has 6 modern meeting rooms and 133 en-suite bedrooms; it is the first in Europe to have a revolutionary open lobby concept. With good transports link, the hotel can be easily accessed by public transport. Brentford train station is about 10 minutes' walk to the hotel. Our employees have been playing a tremendous part in the hotel and our team success, from our employee engagement being above 89%.
With the largest banquet facilities in our portfolio with 12,500 sq. ft.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Chef to join an amazing team, reporting to the Deputy General Manager. You will be required to work shift patterns to the needs of the business. The successfully recruited Head Chef will have excellent interpersonal skills, have a pasison for food, a great understading of food safety and be a born leader!
As Head Chef, you must be self-motivated and be personable in the way you deal with people, who believe in delivering the best possible standards in food and food safety.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading and managing the kitchen team to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Ensuring food safety is at the required RBH standards by making sure HACCP, allergen polcies and all safe systems of work are in place.
- Ensure the hotel achieves it's food cost of sale KPI.
- Create new menus for the restaurant, bar and meeting's and events in line with brand standards and food trends.
- Be part of the hotel's wider management team by setting a great example to all hotel colleagues and carry out ocassional hotel duty management shifts.
The ideal candidate would already be a Head Chef or an experienced Sous Chef and an individual who cares about providing excellent food to our guests. Someone who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a wondrous experience for everyone. It is a fantastic opportunity for an amicable professional who likes to be part of the team. You will be able to maintain a positive and calm outlook regardless of what challenges the business might bring, and able to make the right decision. At least three years experience as a Sous Chef within a branded hotel environment is essential. Experince of using Procure Wizard and Fourth is also preffered.
Holiday Inn London-Brentford Lock. Holiday Inn value and comfort come as standard, of course, plus you get the chance to discover our revolutionary Open Lobby concept. It's a brand new take on the hotel lobby - a place where you can eat, drink, meet and work; really wind down and have fun. It's about being able to do what you want when you want.
Overlooking the scenic waterways of the Grand Union Canal, the Holiday Inn London-Brentford Lock is the perfect spot whether you're working or travelling for fun, with Kew Gardens and Richmond close by.
Guests are just a 20 minutes' drive from London Heathrow and the hotel has purpose built meeting rooms with space for up to 500 delegates and an on site MiniGym.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, well-being and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training, and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.