Hall Porter Overview:
You will have a friendly and approachable manner, maintaining your professionalism at all times. You will often be the main port of call for guests' queries and on occasion will provide support to the reception team during busy periods. You will handle guests' luggage, car parking, booking of taxis and/or restaurants and maintaining the presentation of the lobby area.
Hall Porter Key Attributes:
- To ensure guests arriving and leaving the building are greeted and helped in a professional, courteous way
- To oversee the smooth running of the car parking areas, organise valeting, and reserve parking areas where necessary
- To act in a pro-active efficient way when handling and storing luggage from arriving guests as well as those leaving and take responsibility for the safety and retrieval of that luggage.
- To ensure the Hall Porter is aware of and has sufficient local knowledge to be able to provide information about local transport, entertainment and leisure
- To ensure the day Hall Porter is aware each day of the in-house activities, conferences and functions taking place in the hotel
- To respond promptly and professionally to guest enquiries, complaints and compliments and liaise with Head of Department.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.