At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Deputy General Manager you will take responsibility in assisting with the Hotel's operational areas e.g. working in reception, bar area, occassional holiday cover for nights, working closely with our housekeeping department and also assisting in Food and Beverage within the hotel. General duties include shift work, cash and credit card handling, telephone call handling, customer service and much more.
Where Will You Be Working?
A family-friendly hotel located on the grounds Epsom Downs Racecourse with free car parking and breakfast included.
Holiday Inn Express® London - Epsom Downs hotel is walking distance from Epsom Downs Racecourse.
We're a 10-minute drive from both Epsom station, for direct trains to London Victoria and Waterloo, and the M25 motorway. A shopping spree at the Ashley Centre in Epsom town centre is a quick drive away, and you'll get to your flight at Gatwick Airport in 30 minutes. Business guests can entertain up to 20 clients in meeting rooms with countryside views, and the racecourse is great for corporate events. Local employers Atkins, Toyota and Nuffield Health are a short drive away. Let our hotel be your base for the tennis at Wimbledon, 25 minutes away by car, or playing 18 holes at Epsom Golf Club, just up the road. Kids love the rides and zoo animals at nearby Chessington World of Adventures too.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has:
- An experienced Guest Services Manager / Supervisor who has worked in a similar sized property, and will thrive on supporting the running of this very succesful hotel.
- Somone who is keen to learn and enjoys a variety of work environments
- Promote and develop loyalty from hotel guests by reacting positively to their needs and providing an excellent level of personalised guest service.
- Visibility in the hotel public areas, to promote goodwill, to fulfill strong relationship with VIP and regular guests and to promptly respond to customer challenges and feedbacks.
- A champ in conflict management and problem resolution.
- Good knowledge of IT systems, Receptionn systems, trained and experienced in Health and safety and Crisis Management.
- Experience in working shifts and weekends and being able to manage on your own without supervision.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!