The Exciting Opportunity
At Crowne Plaza Reading we are looking for Guest Service Assistants to join our team and drive customer engagement and satisfaction. This is a multi tasking role and the Guest Service Assistants will contribute to RBH's goals and values by supporting the Front Office Manager in providing a warm, friendly and memorable welcome to our guests. The role will predominantly be Reception based, and you will ensure that our guest needs and expectations are met throughout their stay with us. You will also provide support in other guest service related functions, such as Bar, Restaurant, Leisure and will be expected to keep up to date with information about services from accommodation to food and beverage as well as maintaining an up to date knowledge of our facilities, pricing and promotions in order to advise guests accordingly.
Duties for this role will include:-
- Ensure a friendly and efficient reception experience, ensuring that guests receive prompt, polite attention and personal recognition always, thus kicking off a memorable guest experience
- Stay one step ahead of guests' needs, record and act on their preferences, and handle their requests, questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Be a trusted contact for all guests
- Encourage guests to partake in our IHG Loyalty programme
- Owning the Club Lounge experience for our IHG Elite and Spire Elite guests
- You will deal with telephone enquiries, making bedroom reservations, processing payments and ensuring an engaging guest arrival and departure from the Hotel
- Involvement in F&B related tasks and other hotel services experience for Guests
- Ensure that the Front Office Manager and outlet Managers are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and, or other departments
- Maximize room occupancy and rate and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities;
- being flexible within your role supporting any department in line with business demands.
Essentially, it's all about greeting guests with your infectious smile, treating them to the extra mile service in various departments and showering everyone with genuine warmth and friendliness.
The ideal applicant will have:
- The ability to deliver great customer service
- A "yes I can" attitude
- Thrive on taking responsibility and working in an empowered environment
- Innovative and outgoing
- Hungry for personal development
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar post and be a great team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Where Will You Be Working?
Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary 122-bedroom hotel is situated on the River Thames, just a 15-minute walk to Reading Town Centre and only 10-minutes from Reading railway station. We have an open plan Bar and Restaurant concept, Leisure Club with swimming pool, gymnasium, sauna and steam room, 6 meeting rooms and a business centre, hosting small to large meetings and events.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.. RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally..
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!