We have a great opportunity for a Guest Relations Manager to join the team at Jurys Inn Oxford.
We want you to support a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel.
Experience we expect:
- Strong Operational knowledge across either Reception or Food and Beverage Departments or even better both
- Background in branded hotels or restaurants is preferred - so you will understand how we work
- Excellent Customer service skills, standards driven, good organisational skills
- To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be great at up-selling - anticipating customer needs as well as improving the bottom line
- To be able to manage the team and resources available to ensure that the departments are equipped for service via cost controls, stock monitoring and good rota management
- Ability to communicate to and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
- Be able to use computer systems - we use Opera and Micros. (for the occasional time you do get a desk)
Your responsibilities will be:
- To carry out duty management shifts, plan and ensure the hotel is ready for the days business - preparing for the morning meeting and sharing information with the team
- To be out and about in the hotel, supervising the day to day operation and ensuring exceptional guest service
- To manage the hotel concierge service including coordinating duties and assisting in busy periods
- To carry out pre arrival calls to maximise upselling opportunities and increase guest satisfaction and meet and greet VIP guests
- To respond to all guest feedback, including online reviews and review all complaints and feedback to put in place improvements
- To develop and train the team to be able to deliver their job brilliantly so that we get great feedback from guest
Please be aware that this role is working a mixture of early and late shifts, five days over seven, which will include evenings and weekends.
Why come and work for us?
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture.
- Happy Rewards - we reward your performance with points, and what does points make .PRIZES. Whether its love to shop vouchers or that well deserved day off, you choose!
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future.
- Earn yourself thousands by referring a friend to work with us.
- Uniform & Meals on duty.
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support.
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support.
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities.