At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Guest Relations Manager serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. The role will serve as an on-property point of contact for a subset of loyal guests starting with, at the minimum, all Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite guests and assisting with upcoming reservations. He/she will be responsible for building relationships with as many guests as possible through email communications initiated prior to arrival. The Guest Relations Manager role manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby and also represents property leadership in resolving any guest related situation.
Duties will include the following:
- Leading the Guest Services Team.
- Driving Guest Services and Front Desk Goals.
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service.
- Implementing the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the correct process.
- Maintaining high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Understanding and implementing all emergency and crisis management plans.
- Performing Front Desk duties in high demand times.
- Recognising Marriott Bonvoy Elite members through personal email outreach
- Understanding the purpose of each stay, and in doing so, conveying relevant brand content that reinforces our positioning of helping our guests maintain their wellness routine while traveling.
What Are We Looking For?
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Pleasant, guest-focused demeanour.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different working conditions & hours
- Forward thinking & confident in promoting fresh new ideas
- Oral & written fluency in English. Additional language will be considered a plus
- Have a positive attitude
- Knowledge of Opera PMS
- Understanding of Westin brand values.
- Effective training & interpersonal skills
- hospitality-related degree or diploma preferable.
- Extensive experience in guest services, front desk, or related professional area in 4/5 stars hotels. Marriott experience is preferable but not necessary.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thamestreet and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!