Here at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels we have a fantastic opportunity for a Groups Coordinator to join the team to deal with a variety of pro-active and reactive sales enquiries, in order to maximise occupancy, revenue and yield in line with company procedure.
As a Groups Coordinator you will be able to demonstrate first class customer service skills, have the ability to adapt and multi- task whilst having that keen eye for detail. Your key responsibility is to ensure that all enquiries are answered as soon as possible in order to ensure that we gain maximum market share from all customers and gain their loyalty, in leisure and corporate groups and meetings and events markets.
- Making sure all clients are responded to promptly and effectively.
- Monitoring all appropriate methods of communication for enquiries, emails (multiple inboxes), phones and online portals.
- Driving new business in the managed and corporate managed segments.
- Seek feedback from key clients and communicate back to RGM, General Manager and Head of Department.
- Continually developing new knowledge and skills to ensure best practice sales delivery.
- A thorough knowledge and consistent delivery of the make a difference standards
- A thorough knowledge of the company product and the organisation.
- Working and co-operating with colleagues to maximise revenues at all times.
- Ensure the Sales department is always prepared for business.
- Being aware of potential peaks and troughs in the business and planning for them.
- Identifying, communicating and actioning all sales leads.
- Following company control procedures in accordance with the company Internal audit requirements.
- Member of the Hub Revenue Generating Team.
- Servicing of existing Key Accounts for the Hotel and & the Group.
- Identify and develop new Key Corporate Accounts for the Group.
- Identify and develop potential Key Groups Clients and Agents
- Ensure systems for accurate processing, distribution, and recording/filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations and cancellations.
- Complete all weekly & monthly data reports as required.
- Liaise with the other Operations team within the Jurys Inns & Leonardo Group and Hotel's departments - reservations, front office etc.
- Communicating and cooperating with management colleagues.
- Being aware of VIPs and show rounds, communicating this to the teams within the Bar, Restaurant and Conference.
- Ensuring that safe and healthy working practices are implemented at all times.
- Awareness of the emergency procedures, full knowledge of the fire manual, and to ensure that all staff and supervisors are similarly aware.
What we are looking for:
- An awareness of hotel corporate and conference sectors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (in particular excel).
- An understanding of Opera / Fidelio PMS systems
- Keep abreast of industry news / performance / relevant new initiatives.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Results oritentated
- Strong organisation and planning skills
Why come and work for us practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support