Reporting to the Area General Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance for 4 hotels in Dublin city centre, 1 hotel in Gibraltar, support office and a portfolio of rental apartments. You may also be asked to support with other group projects as they may arise.
Your role will be to effectively execute engineering related projects through all stages ensuring that expectations are managed and that budget controls and program are maintained throughout. You will have an in-house maintenance team reporting directly to you and you are expected to manage sub-contractors.
M&E technical knowledge, communication, project management, problem solving, leadership and influencing skills will be key. Having strong relationships with key stakeholders including the Hotel Managers is essential.
This role includes full accountability for all Risk, Health & Safety aspects ensuring that guests, customers and employees are always kept safe. You will be the lead on our sustainability program project - identifying opportunities for energy & waste management, educating others along this journey so that all employees become aware of environmental impact of our business and ultimately lead the company on its journey to reduce its carbon footprint.
This is a very customer focused role and you will therefore have worked previously in a similar environment, being used to the pressures that this can afford and ensuring that the team stay focussed on delivery as efficiently and effectively as possible. Pro-active maintenance programmes are key to the success of the function in addition to dealing with the daily ad-hoc requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Experience of managing teams.
- Preferable that the candidate would have multi-site experience
- Ability to demonstrate sound maintenance and electrical knowledge.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and able to motivate staff.
- Track record in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Health and safety and risk assessment experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of dealing with people at all levels.
- Clear understanding of budgeting for the department.
We offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive salary
- Free use of the fully equipped gym at The Mont
- Your Birthday off
- Enhanced holidays with service
- Rewards programme
- Refer a friend - €500 reward
- Discounted room stays - friends and family
- Discounted F & B when you are a guest in any of our hotels
- The opportunity to progress - 4 Hotels in Dublin city and a Hotel in Gibraltar
- Tax saver for travel tickets
- Bike to work scheme and a safe place to leave your bike.
At O'Callaghan Collection, we have a set of core values -
- PROUD - we're proud of our work and our uniquely styled hotels
- CARING - we care about our customers and about each other
- ACCOUNTABLE - we own our actions and think about their wider impact
- DETERMINED - we're adaptable, resilient and love a challenge!
We strive to make our guest experiences extra special. We're proud to work as a team, aiming to provide exceptional service and to make great memories that ensure our guests come back to stay here at O'Callaghan Collection .