At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
Reporting directly into the Director of Food and Beverage, the GM; Bars and Restaurants is a senior F&B leadership role which oversees the all-day dining restaurant, in-room dining department, service in the Executive Lounge and destination concept Wine Bar. All these areas are available for breakfast and all-day dining, so ensuring workforce and functional flexibility across all these areas is essential. The GM; Bars & Restaurants will work closely with and manage the Bar Manager, Banquet Manager and Wine Guru, and will have understanding and appreciation of all the various areas of the hotel's operation and how they interlink together.
The B&R team will also assist banquets as required in the one hotel, one team' spirit. This is a strategic role however one which requires a hands-on individual to be on shift in the restaurant or wine bar as part of the weekly rota and supporting operationally where required. An enormous opportunity to join London's most dynamic new opening and develop managerial and operational skills to take their career to the next level.
Responsibilities of this incredible role include the following:
- Being the face' of the restaurants and ensuring visible leadership to both guests and associates.
- Ensuring repeat custom through exceptional service.
- Rota and workforce planning.
- Ensuring consistency and compliance in all service and brand standards.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance such as licensing and health and safety.
- Proactively and positively solving complex challenges that fall under the restaurant and food & beverage remit.
- Being responsible for leading and driving all areas of restaurant recruitment, performance management, retention, and engagement.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Extensive understanding of a la carte restaurant service and beverage service.
- Strong knowledge of drinks and beverage service.
- Rota and workforce planning skills.
- Expertise in problem solving.
- Working as a part of a team and being flexible on role location.
- Creative and conceptual flair and being adept in generation and implementation of new ideas.
- Local market knowledge to drive sales and seek opportunities.
- Relationship and rapport-building skills, especially with kitchen and back of house associates.
- Extensive experience in luxury hotel / standalone restaurant environments.
- Diploma or equivalent in restaurant or hotel management is desirable.
N.B. we are expecting high volumes of applications for this role and additional screening questions have been included in the initial application process. We will not be accepting applications made by direct email, messages on LinkedIn or unsolicited CV's via recruiters/agency.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Westin London City Hotel & Residences will be a key part of the redevelopment of the former Queensbridge House site, as well as an independently operated destination restaurant. The site stretches from Queenhithe Dock - the oldest in London - and runs north to south, bridging across Upper Thames Street and giving it a prominent position over one of the primary arterial routes through the City of London. Highly visible from the South Bank, the hotel will also benefit from panoramic views over the River Thames and will complete the northern riverbank walkway between the Tower of London and Millennium Bridge.
The hotel will be the first under Marriott's Westin brand in the UK. The hotel's 222 guest rooms, including 10 suites and Presidential Suite, are designed to offer guests a nature-inspired respite in the centre of a bustling city, expertly balancing a calming palette of natural colours with contrasting tones, textures and materials. The development also includes a fitness and leisure suite, conference facilities, plus a restaurant and wine bar with spectacular views over the River Thames.
The hotel will feature an indoor swimming pool, idyllic 375m² spa and WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio with state-of-the-art TRX® exercise equipment. In addition, 830m² of ultra-modern meeting and event space will be available, including a Junior Ballroom and four meeting rooms, as well as a 24-hour business centre.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes.
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!