We have a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager in a 4 star central London property
Here's what the job would look like:
As the General Manager of this property, your main role is to ensure that the hotel transitions smoothly to the new brand, whist creating and maintaining a customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. The successful candidate will oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
Here are your job responsibilities:
- Perform administrative duties including: clearly defining operating objectives, setting goals, striving for continual performance and improvement, reading and writing reports, communicate with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc.
- Accountable to the Business plan, Forecasts and Budgets reports and able to explain any deviation.
- Keep abreast of UK regulations relating to employment, health and safety, licensing laws, need for permits and licenses etc..
- Insist on the implementation of effective energy-conservation programs
- Interview, hire supervise and coach department heads and supervisors in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Establish and maintain an effective training program for all departments
- Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings and sales trips. Develop and maintain aggressive and imaginative marketing and sales effort to increase hotel occupancy and to generate increased food and beverage sales.
You may be assigned these:
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for the property. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
- Monitor hotels safety program.
- Report to Head of Operations UK concerning overall performance of property and accomplishments within the operation.
- Review Preventive Maintenance program and conduct room inspection on weekly basis.
- Perform special projects, participate in task force and other responsibilities as assigned.
Our expectations from you:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for associates as well as guests.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the Team Member Handbook.
These are what the job requires:
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Recent prior experience as a Brand General Manager
- Five to ten years' prior hotel management experience, managing a London based hotel up to 200 rooms at a minimum 4 Star level
- A strong commercial acumen
- Hotel General Manager experience in a central London based property.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labour relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, rehabilitation plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance program, hotel law, and the development of long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and owners.
- Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
- Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process